Torquay United FC (official site)
- newTRIO RESUME TRAINING
- 2 hours ago, 18 Jan 17, 8:00am -
- newNICHO ON WOKING LOSS
- 2 hours ago, 18 Jan 17, 8:00am -
- AWAY TRAVEL Vs MAIDSTONE
- 2 days ago, 16 Jan 17, 4:01pm -
- WOKING PREVIEW
- 5 days ago, 13 Jan 17, 7:04pm -
- LEE ON LOAN
- 5 days ago, 13 Jan 17, 1:06pm -
- ANOTHER MONTH FOR FITZPATRICK
- 6 days ago, 12 Jan 17, 3:26pm -
- Torquay 'becoming a training team'
Torquay boss Kevin Nicholson is frustrated by his side's inability to take their form on the training ground into matches.
- 2 days ago, 16 Jan 17, 12:50pm -
- Torquay United 1-2 Woking
Live coverage of Saturday's National League game between Torquay United and Woking.
- 4 days ago, 14 Jan 17, 6:09pm -
- Bournemouth's Lee loaned to Torquay
AFC Bournemouth right-back Jordan Lee joins Torquay United on loan until the end of the season.
- 5 days ago, 13 Jan 17, 1:32pm -
- Nicholson blames poor Torquay build-up
Torquay United manager Kevin Nicholson says his side's poor build-up was the reason they lost to Boreham Wood.
- 9 days ago, 9 Jan 17, 12:19pm -
- Torquay United 0-1 Boreham Wood
Bruno Andrade's goal ends Boreham Wood's six-match run without a win as they clinch a 1-0 victory at Torquay.
- 11 days ago, 7 Jan 17, 5:29pm -
- Torquay get Lathrope and Young boosts
Torquay United midfielders Damon Lathrope and Luke Young could return to action before the end of January.
- 12 days ago, 6 Jan 17, 8:55am -
- Baggies beaten by Torquay
Premier League side West Bromwich Albion were edged out 2-1 by non-League Torquay United in a pre-season friendly on Monday night.
- , 1 Aug 16, 8:58pm -
- Wigan sign 'keeper Lavercombe
Teenage goalkeeper Dan Lavercombe has joined Wigan from Torquay and been loaned back to the Gulls for the remainder of the campaign.
- , 6 Jan 16, 11:37am -
- FGR ban Gilbert the Gull
Torquay United mascot Gilbert the Gull has been branded a "security risk" and banned from attending the New Year Day's match with Forest Green Rovers.
- , 30 Dec 15, 12:10am -
- Tranmere start against Woking
Tranmere Rovers will begin life in the newly-branded Vanarama National League with a home match against Woking on August 8.
- , 3 Jul 15, 12:07pm -
- Torquay appoint Cox as boss
Torquay United have named Paul Cox as their new manager just a couple of days after placing Chris Hargreaves on gardening leave.
- , 17 Jun 15, 8:26am -
- FL Spotlights
Over the course of the 2013/14 campaign, Sky Sports once again delved deep into the heart of the Football League in an effort to provide a greater insight into life away from the glare of the Premier League.
- , 7 Jun 14, 4:17pm -
- The worst-ever sporting rebrands
- 20 hours ago, 17 Jan 17, 2:19pm -
- Leicester City vs Chelsea - key match stats
- 4 days ago, 14 Jan 17, 7:49pm -
- BBC to mark 90 years of sports radio with programme celebrating iconic commentaries
- 7 days ago, 11 Jan 17, 6:31pm -
- Sir Mo Farah and Dame Jessica Ennis-Hill lead the nominees at the 2017 Lycamobile British Ethnic Diversity Sports Awards
- 8 days ago, 10 Jan 17, 4:31pm -
- The David Welch Student Sportswriter of the Year competition 2017
- 13 days ago, 5 Jan 17, 5:01pm -
- What 2017 holds in an alternate sporting universe
- 16 days ago, 2 Jan 17, 6:03pm -
- Exeter City offer trials to youth players released by Torquay United
• 120 youngsters invited after Torquay closed academy last week to cut costs• ‘We feel that every player in their situation deserves the opportunity’Exeter City have offered all youth players released by Torquay United the chance of a trial,…
- , 23 Jun 15, 10:42am -
- Paul Sturrock appointed Yeovil manager after four-day spell at Torquay
• Terry Skiverton reverts to assistant manager at League One’s bottom side• Sturrock walked out on Torquay four days into his jobYeovil Town have appointed Paul Sturrock as their manager after he walked out on his advisory position at Torquay U…
- , 9 Apr 15, 2:04pm -
- Paul Sturrock resigns from Torquay United job after four days at the club
• Former Plymouth manager was hired as advisor at Torquay• Resigned after being offered permanent role elsewhere • From the archive: Leroy Rosenior’s ten minutes at TorquayPaul Sturrock has left his job at the Conference club Torquay United a…
- , 8 Apr 15, 12:22pm -
- League Two 2014-15 fixtures: week-by-week list for the season
Full interactive fixtures for every leaguePremier League 2014-15: week-by-week fixture list Championship 2014-15: the full season’s fixtures League One 2014-15: full fixture list Full fixtures for 2014-15 for all Scottish leagues09 August AFC Wimbl…
- , 18 Jun 14, 9:14am -
- Wycombe savour survival after win at Torquay on day of pure escapism | Jeremy Alexander
League Two strugglers show game's true spirit at Torquay where the visitors avoided joining the hosts in relegationIt was the 93rd minute at Plainmoor. Wycombe Wanderers, 3-0 up against 10-man Torquay United, had solved their half of the simultaneous…
- , 5 May 14, 1:08am -
- League Two: Bristol Rovers relegated after Wycombe and Northampton win
• Defeat drops Bristol Rovers out of Football League• Chesterfield seal League Two title victoryBristol Rovers were relegated from the Football League for the first time in 94 years after losing 1-0 at home to Mansfield Town.Rovers only need a po…
- , 3 May 14, 7:16pm -
- Torquay 0-3 Wycombe: Match Report
Torquay 0-3 Wycombe: Match Report - view commentary, squad, and statistics of the game as it happened..
- , 3 May 14, 3:31pm -
- Torquay V Wycombe at Plainmoor : Match Preview
Torquay V Wycombe - view commentary, squad, and statistics of the game live..
- , 2 May 14, 6:01am -
- Torquay 0-1 Dag & Red: Match Report
Torquay 0-1 Dag & Red: Match Report - view commentary, squad, and statistics of the game as it happened..
- , 18 Apr 14, 4:01pm -
- Torquay V Dag & Red at Plainmoor : Match Preview
Torquay V Dag & Red - view commentary, squad, and statistics of the game live..
- , 17 Apr 14, 3:01pm -
- Torquay 0-1 Scunthorpe: Match Report
Torquay 0-1 Scunthorpe: Match Report - view commentary, squad, and statistics of the game as it happened..
- , 5 Apr 14, 4:01pm -
- Torquay V Scunthorpe at Plainmoor : Match Preview
Torquay V Scunthorpe - view commentary, squad, and statistics of the game live..
- , 4 Apr 14, 6:31am -
Gilbert Torquay United
- Should he stay or should he go?
Things are going wrong for Kevin Nicholson. Two tame defeats on the trot at home – 0-1 against Boreham Wood and 1-2 against Woking – have wiped away any seasonal goodwill built up by those excellent games against Forest Green, and reaffirmed our…
- 3 days ago, 15 Jan 17, 1:52pm -
- Time for TUFC supporters to make themselves heard
Ta-ra, then, to Nathan Blissett, who is off to Plymouth Argyle in a £15k (plus add-ons) deal. It’s a move which has raised a few eyebrows, not least due to the big man’s dodgy form this season so far. Despite two goalless festive games in the co…
- 14 days ago, 4 Jan 17, 2:31pm -
- TUST is imperfect, but the best safety net we have
It has been an odd Christmas, to say the least. The future of the TUFC has been plunged into uncertainty under the new ownership of GI; our former owner and chairman Dave Phillips has revealed the club was only days or weeks away from going under; an…
- 19 days ago, 30 Dec 16, 1:33pm -
- Over we go…
The good news? Well, Torquay United has avoided shameful fate of administration and financial oblivion – for now at least. However, following today’s statement that the board has agreed to sell the club to Gaming International, the picture is far…
- 33 days ago, 16 Dec 16, 8:40pm -
- Peering over the precipice
If rumours are to be believed – and the gossip is growing ever-louder – then tomorrow will mark a new low in the trip, tumble and fall of Torquay United Football Club. All other bidders, it would seem, have departed the scene – put off by an in…
- 34 days ago, 15 Dec 16, 7:08pm -
- Kieffer Moore – our best striker since Rene?
What a difference a Championship-standard striker makes, eh? OK, perhaps your correspondent is getting a little over-excited about the impact of Kieffer Moore – though his performance at Dagenham & Redbridge on Tuesday was something to behold. Stro…
- 47 days ago, 2 Dec 16, 1:52pm -
- Gateshead 3-1 Torquay: post-match thoughts
While I didn’t make it up to Gateshead yesterday, between working for the Conference’s official data partner and the comprehensive – if slightly one-sided – highlight reel below, I got a pretty … Continue reading →
- , 10 Aug 14, 9:34am -
- Visualising Torquay’s League 2 Fixtures
Over at experimental361.com I’ve been busy producing fixture visualisations for all 3 Football League divisions and thought I’d share some Torquay-specific fruits of my labour with you here. The picture … Continue reading →
- , 1 Aug 12, 4:11pm -
- An announcement
Regrettably I’ve decided to discontinue providing Torquay United match updates after the last match of this season. While I enjoy live match tweeting as much as ever, changes in my … Continue reading →
- , 15 May 12, 1:55pm -
- A short film about football and Twitter
The 14th is finally upon us, so there’s no further need for the irritatingly coy secrecy of my previous post. Last year, one of my KPMG colleagues kindly nominated my … Continue reading →
- , 14 Feb 12, 10:32am -
- Something exciting will soon happen…
…on the 14th February to be exact. With the invaluable assistance of Torquay United – particularly their excellent and tireless Media Officer, Tim Herbert – I’ve been able to feature … Continue reading →
- , 2 Feb 12, 9:46pm -
- Explaining silence
As it’s been unforgivably long since my last post, I thought I should briefly explain the reasons for the abrupt hiatus and my intentions for the future. In a nutshell, … Continue reading →
- , 12 Jan 12, 7:31pm -
This is South Devon
- newTORQUAY UNITED: Back to the Future at Plainmoor as new owners...
TORQUAY UNITED'S new owners are pressing ahead with their plans to instal a new 'local' board and administrative regime at Plainmoor.Six members of the board which ran the Gulls from 2007 to 2015 were guests of Riviera Stadium Ltd at last Saturday's…
- 1 hour ago, 18 Jan 17, 9:00am -
- TORQUAY UNITED: 'New board will back me to sign players', says...
PLAYER-MANAGER Kevin Nicholson says that Torquay United's new owners Riviera Stadium Ltd are backing his efforts to strengthen the squad at Plainmoor.Nicholson acknowledged in the wake of Saturday's 2-1 home defeat by Woking that, after Nathan Blisse…
- 2 days ago, 16 Jan 17, 11:18am -
- TORQUAY UNITED 'Last two performances haven't been good enough'...
TORQUAY UNITED player-manager Kevin Nicholson is under no illusions about the task facing him in the wake of a second successive, and largely punchless, home defeat, this time 2-1 to lowly Woking at Plainmoor yesterday.An 87th minute consolation goal…
- 3 days ago, 15 Jan 17, 7:01am -
- TORQUAY UNITED: More disappointment for Gulls fans as Woking...
THE 1-0 DEFEAT by Boreham Wood last Saturday had been bad enough, but Torquay United sparked even deeper worries for their fans when they lost at Plainmoor again – for the fifth time here this season – when FA Cup conquerors Woking punished anoth…
- 4 days ago, 14 Jan 17, 4:32pm -
- TORQUAY UNITED: Kevin Nicholson could blood new loan signing...
TORQUAY UNITED'S ongoing link with AFC Bournemouth has helped to send another promising young player to Plainmoor and the latest loanee, right-back Jordan Lee, could well make his Gulls debut in what feels like a very important National League game i…
- 4 days ago, 14 Jan 17, 9:23am -
- TORQUAY UNITED: Right back Jordan Lee joins on loan from AFC...
TORQUAY UNITED have confirmed the signing of young right-back Jordan Lee on loan from Premier Division side AFC Bournemouth.Lee, 20, has been a professional at Bournemouth since 2015 and made his debut for the club in the third round of the FA Cup in…
- 5 days ago, 13 Jan 17, 2:09pm -
This page is currently in development. If you know of any relevant sites that should be added then please contact us to recommend a site