Howay the Lads! With so much going on at NUFC how on earth to you keep up-to-date? Newcastle United at Football News Now - That's how! We pull headlines from over 30 Newcastle news sources including Newcastle Blogs, Newcastle Forums and Newcastle News sites so you'll never miss a breaking story again. Keep yourself in the loop on Newcastle transfer news, team news, rumours and banter. If it's about the Toon then chances are we've got it covered.
NUFC.co.uk (Official site)
- Magpies must show discipline - Krul
Goalkeeper Tim Krul says Newcastle must improve discipline after two red cards in the first four Premier League games.
- 18 hours ago, 2 Sep 15, 4:18pm -
- Ferguson extends Millwall loan stay
Newcastle United wing-back Shane Ferguson will remain on loan to Millwall until 9 January 2016.
- 2 days ago, 1 Sep 15, 11:09am -
- Gutierrez agrees Deportivo move
Former Newcastle midfielder Jonas Gutierrez has agreed a move to Spanish top-flight side Deportivo La Coruna.
- 2 days ago, 1 Sep 15, 10:05am -
- Kemen joins Lyon from Newcastle
Midfielder Olivier Kemen joins Ligue 1 side Lyon from Newcastle for a fee of 750,000 euros (£550,000).
- 2 days ago, 1 Sep 15, 8:06am -
- Newcastle United 0-1 Arsenal
An own goal from defender Fabricio Coloccini gives Arsenal an unconvincing victory over 10-man Newcastle.
- 5 days ago, 29 Aug 15, 2:10pm -
- Newcastle United 4-1 Northampton Town
Florian Thauvin scores on his full debut as Newcastle beat Northampton to reach the third round of the Capital One Cup.
- 9 days ago, 25 Aug 15, 9:02pm -
- newPedro tops tweets
Pedro's Chelsea move was the most talked about transfer on Twitter this summer, while Sky Sports News' Jim White attracted plenty of attention on Deadline Day.
- 1 hour ago, 3 Sep 15, 9:43am -
- newMost injured XI
Arsenal duo Theo Walcott and Tomas Rosicky, along with recently released Gunner Abou Diaby, feature in the most injured Premier League XI of the 21st Century.
- 2 hours ago, 3 Sep 15, 9:05am -
- newTransfer Centre LIVE!
See the latest transfer talk concerning David de Gea, Paul Pogba, Eliaquim Mangala, Edinson Cavani and more.
- 6 hours ago, 3 Sep 15, 5:00am -
- Martin Tyler's stats
This week, Martin Tyler's column looks at teams on the longest winning runs against Premier League rivals and reveals the side with the most away points on 2015...
- 18 hours ago, 2 Sep 15, 4:30pm -
- How much did your club spend?
Manchester City were the Premier League's top spenders during the summer transfer window, splashing out over £150m on new signings.
- 20 hours ago, 2 Sep 15, 3:10pm -
- Top five new boys
While there was plenty of drama on Deadline Day, many new summer signings have already had their first taste of Premier League action.
- 1 day ago, 2 Sep 15, 9:23am -
- All 20 Premier League clubs' summer transfer activity ranked
With the transfer window having slammed shut, we rank the 20 Premier League clubs' summer business...
- 1 day ago, 2 Sep 15, 9:51am -
- Premier League transfer window: Record breaking year as spending reaches £1billion
Premier League expenditure will pass one billion pounds this year for the first time ever
- 2 days ago, 1 Sep 15, 5:40pm -
- 20 biggest deals of the Premier League summer 2015 transfer window
In pics: From City's eye-watering deals for De Bruyne and Sterling, to Shaqiri at Stoke - the biggest buys of the window
- 2 days ago, 1 Sep 15, 4:35pm -
- Premier League transfer deadline day news and rumours - as it happened
Latest news and rumours as clubs try and complete signings and sell their unwanted stars before the 6pm deadline
- 2 days ago, 1 Sep 15, 4:00am -
- Premier League review: Van Gaal needs to accept culpability, and 'distracted' players need to grow up
Premier League review: Mourinho is finally breaking rank, Quique Flores is quite the snappy dresser, and JJ Bulls' Off The Ball
- 3 days ago, 31 Aug 15, 10:29am -
- Premier League transfer news and rumours - as it happened on Monday
Latest news and rumours as clubs frantically look to tie up late deals before window closes on Tuesday, 1 Sept 2015
- 3 days ago, 31 Aug 15, 5:00am -
- Mark Noble available for West Ham after red card is rescinded
• Hammers captain sent off against Liverpool• Next match is home to Newcastle UnitedMark Noble will be available for West Ham’s first fixture after the international break against Newcastle after the red card he received against Liverpool was r…
- 19 hours ago, 2 Sep 15, 4:01pm -
- Transfer window review: how did the Premier League clubs do? | Guardian writers
Manchester City looked the big winners as Manchester United’s dealings faded into confusion and Chelsea were frustrated by not landing John StonesArsène Wenger’s belief in his players is total and he was only ever going to make important signing…
- 1 day ago, 2 Sep 15, 6:28am -
- Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend's action
Crystal Palace were fluent and incisive in beating Chelsea, while Manchester United suffered problems from No1 to No9 in their defeat at SwanseaInstinct is to linger on Chelsea’s sudden and uncharacteristic deficiencies, but they were beaten by the…
- 3 days ago, 31 Aug 15, 7:14am -
- Arsenal’s Wenger and Newcastle’s McClaren need strikers, and quickly
Aleksandar Mitrovic of Newcastle and Arsenal’s Theo Walcott prove, in very different ways, why their teams are desperate for attacking ruthlessnessFor the want of a nail the shoe was lost, For the want of a shoe the horse was lost, For the want of…
- 4 days ago, 30 Aug 15, 9:54pm -
- The Dozen: the weekend's best Premier League photos
We round up our favourite pictures from the weekend’s matches in the English top flight Continue reading...
- 4 days ago, 30 Aug 15, 5:50pm -
- Saturday Sundae: Aleksandar Mitrovic is collecting cards at Newcastle United
Slaven is the man, Mitrovic is not and there is worse news for Tim SherwoodSlaven Bilic masterminded a first win for West Ham at Liverpool in more than half a century having already won at Arsenal this season. To think some West Ham fans were worried…
- 4 days ago, 29 Aug 15, 11:04pm -
- Premier League round-up: Theo Walcott promises Arsene Wenger the goals will come after misfiring at Newcastle
Theo Walcott is convinced he will rediscover his touch in front of goal for Arsenal. The 26-year-old made his first league start of the season at Newcastle on Saturday, but saw chances go begging as the visitors battled their way to a 1-0 win.
- 4 days ago, 30 Aug 15, 6:40pm -
- Newcastle 0 Arsenal 1: Can Steve McClaren control Aleksandar Mitrovic? Alexis Sanchez the star player
STAR PLAYERAlexis Sanchez's invention proved crucial in keeping Newcastle on the back foot, and he was a threat throughout.
- 5 days ago, 29 Aug 15, 2:26pm -
- Newcastle 0 Arsenal 1 player ratings: Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain given chance - but did they impress?
Arsenal won 1-0 at Newcastle thanks to an own goal from Fabricio Coloccini, who turned in an Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain shot early in the second half.
- 5 days ago, 29 Aug 15, 1:56pm -
- Newcastle vs Arsenal match report: Theo Walcott blazes easy chance over bar, but Fabricio Coloccini own goal sees Gunners win
Disbelief: it was the emotion of choice in the north east yesterday. That and outrage. You could not move for the sense of outrage.
- 5 days ago, 29 Aug 15, 1:43pm -
- Mesut Ozil injury: Arsenal midfielder ruled out for a week with 'minor knee injury' after missing Newcastle game
Mesut Özil missed Arsenal's Premier League encounter at Newcastle after suffering what was described by the club as a "minor knee injury".
- 5 days ago, 29 Aug 15, 1:03pm -
- Man spotted using Xbox controller in press box during Newcastle vs Arsenal match
A man has been spotted using an Xbox controller in the press box during the Newcastle vs Arsenal game and no-one seems to know why.
- 5 days ago, 29 Aug 15, 12:34pm -
- Memphis Depay takes home two awards at PSV Eindhoven's Footballer of the Year gala
Manchester United new boy Memphis Depay returned to his former club PSV Eindhoven on Monday evening to attend their 34th Footballer of the Year gala.
- 2 days ago, 1 Sep 15, 5:29pm -
- Former Newcastle favourite Jonas Gutierrez heading for Deportivo La Coruna
Former Newcastle midfielder Jonas Gutierrez is set to sign for La Liga side Deportivo La Coruna. The 32-year-old is a free agent following his release from the Magpies this summer.
- 2 days ago, 1 Sep 15, 12:16pm -
- Olivier Kemen joins Lyon from Newcastle United in permanent transfer having never played for the Premier League club
Teenage midfielder Olivier Kemen has joined Ligue 1 side Lyon from Newcastle United on a four-year contract having never made an appearance for the Premier League club.
- 2 days ago, 1 Sep 15, 11:35am -
- Newcastle winger Florian Thauvin likened to Jonny Wilkinson for his dedication to perfecting free-kick technique
Newcastle winger Florian Thauvin has been likened to former Newcastle Falcons rugby great Jonny Wilkinson when it comes to taking free-kicks. Thauvin joined Newcastle from Marseille this summer.
- 2 days ago, 1 Sep 15, 11:21am -
- Bastian Schweinsteiger is yet to shine for Manchester United but Steve McClaren has Newcastle players on his side despite slow start - 10 THINGS WE LEARNED
The fourth weekend of the Premier League season saw a number of shocks, with Chelsea, United and Liverpool all beaten. Sportsmail take a look at 10 things we learned from the top flight and beyond.
- 2 days ago, 1 Sep 15, 9:27am -
- Newcastle United and Sunderland are the Premier League's bottom two clubs, stained by red cards and slanging matches
They are the northern neighbours who reside at the southern end of the Premier League. Sunderland and Newcastle United are the division’s bottom two clubs and are both winless.
- 2 days ago, 1 Sep 15, 8:53am -
- Wijnaldum urges patience with new-look Newcastle
The Magpies lie 19th in the Premier League after four games but the Dutch midfielder argues that their five new signings need time to gel with the rest of the team
- 20 hours ago, 2 Sep 15, 2:45pm -
- Gutierrez set to join Deportivo
The winger was a free agent after leaving Newcastle United at the end of last season and will start afresh in La Liga
- 2 days ago, 1 Sep 15, 10:05am -
- Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal: Coloccini own goal enough for Gunners after Mitrovic red card
The centre-half deflected a second-half strike from Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain into his own net, after his team-mate had earlier been shown a straight red for a stamp
- 5 days ago, 29 Aug 15, 1:35pm -
- Sissoko in contention to face Arsenal
Newcastle United could be boosted by the return of the midfielder as they aim to end their five-year winless run against Arsene Wenger's side
- 6 days ago, 28 Aug 15, 3:11pm -
- Newcastle United - Arsenal Preview: Wenger hopes for sharper shooting
The hosts will hope to back up last weekend's draw at Manchester United with another good performance against the misfiring Gunners
- 6 days ago, 28 Aug 15, 8:20am -
- Newcastle United 4-1 Northampton Town: Thauvin impresses on home debut
The Frenchman was signed last week from Marseille and turned in a dazzling performance, netting a goal and providing three assists in a resounding Magpies victory
- 9 days ago, 25 Aug 15, 9:02pm -
- Video: Henry's new PL advert
Thierry Henry steps into some of the Premier League's greatest moments in Sky Sports' new TV advert - watch it now!
- 49 days ago, 16 Jul 15, 10:41am -
- Fantasy Football: The best XI
We look back at the previous Fantasy Football season and highlight the players who racked up the highest points totals.
- 50 days ago, 15 Jul 15, 3:30pm -
- Join the Sporting Life League!
Sky Sports Fantasy Football is back for the new Premier League season and you can win bigger prizes in the Sporting Life League!
- 51 days ago, 14 Jul 15, 8:41pm -
- Tiote training on Tyneside
Newcastle midfielder Cheick Tiote is training back on Tyneside after being refused a visa for the USA.
- 51 days ago, 14 Jul 15, 9:36am -
- Newcastle seal Wijnaldum deal
Newcastle have completed the signing of PSV Eindhoven midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum.
- 54 days ago, 11 Jul 15, 9:19am -
- Wijnaldum set for Newcastle move
PSV Eindhoven have confirmed that Georginio Wijnaldum is on his way to England to agree personal terms with Newcastle.
- 55 days ago, 10 Jul 15, 9:23am -
- Match Report: Birmingham City 0-2 Newcastle United
Newcastle displayed a very efficient, coherent and professional display tonight with a 2-0 victory over Birmingham City.Newcastle controlled large periods of the game and were clinical in front of goal which will be a sigh of relief for fans and A…
- , 15 Feb 11, 10:26pm -
- Match Preview: Birmingham vs Newcastle
Tonight Newcastle travel to the second city to face a tough Birmingham City side at St. Andrews for a rearrange fixture due to the earlier postponement. United are coming into the game on the back of an impressive performance against Blackburn Rovers…
- , 15 Feb 11, 6:31pm -
- United Capture Flying Finn
Newcastle United moved today to bolster their striking options by signing free agent Shefti Kuqi. Kuqi, who has been branded the ‘flying finn’ nickname due to his notorious belly flop celebration, was last in action for Swansea in the Champions…
- , 10 Feb 11, 5:45pm -
- Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal
Some how, Newcastle United completed a Premier League first today in coming back from 4 goals down to draw 4-4″ with a rattled Arsenal side.Goals from Joey Barton (Pen x2), Leon Best, and finally a fabulous strike from my man of the match Cheik Ti…
- , 5 Feb 11, 6:20pm -
- Match Preview: Newcastle vs Arsenal
Arsenal are the visitors to St. James Park tomorrow at 3pm.Newcastle go into tomorrows game against Arsenal with only three fit senior strikers and youngster Phil Airey expected to feature on the Bench.Newcastle can welcome back Cheik Tiote after a…
- , 4 Feb 11, 10:12pm -
- Pardew’s NO.2: Carver’s Back
Newcastle finally filled the void left by Colin Calderwood today by announcing the John Carver is return to the club in the role of Alan Pardew’s assistant manager.Carver, returns to the club where he served as assistant manager to the late great…
- , 18 Jan 11, 3:33pm -
- Newcastle to retain interest in Austin
Fears over Charlie Austin's fitness reportedly curtailed Newcastle's £15million interest in the QPR striker, but the club could renew the move in January.
- 23 hours ago, 2 Sep 15, 12:02pm -
- Transfer Window Winners & Losers...
Manchester City are the kings of the castle, Manuel Pellegrini flicking Vs at his peers. Manchester United and Chelsea missed their chance, while Arsenal....oh Arsenal...
- 1 day ago, 2 Sep 15, 10:31am -
- Cole rejected Newcastle on deadline day
Ashley Cole reportedly rejected a move to Newcastle on deadline day, and has now been omitted from Roma's Champions League squad list.
- 1 day ago, 2 Sep 15, 10:24am -
- Newcastle's Kemen seals Lyon transfer
Newcastle teenager Olivier Kemen has completed a permanent move to French club Lyon.
- 2 days ago, 1 Sep 15, 8:21am -
- F365's Top Ten Players On Borrowed Time
Branislav Ivanovic looks likely to be phased out of Chelsea's starting XI sooner or later, but he isn't the only Premier League player on borrowed time this season...
- 3 days ago, 31 Aug 15, 1:27pm -
- Premier League Winners And Losers
A bumper Winners and Losers that is dominated by some high-profile casualties. Serious questions must now be asked by four of last season's top six. Which is mental...
- 3 days ago, 31 Aug 15, 11:24am -
- Toon fail with Cole bid
Newcastle are reported to have failed with an attempt to bring former Chelsea defender Ashley Cole back to the Premier League.
- 21 hours ago, 2 Sep 15, 2:08pm -
- Midfielder extends loan
Shane Ferguson has extended his loan spell at Millwall from Newcastle until January 9 after moving to The Den last month.
- 2 days ago, 1 Sep 15, 1:54pm -
- Palace target Dummett
Crystal Palace are reported to be lining up a deadline day swoop for Newcastle United defender Paul Dummett.
- 2 days ago, 1 Sep 15, 1:11pm -
- Toon eye Hamburg star
Newcastle are being linked with a move for Pierre-Michel Lasogga, but will only swoop if Papiss Cisse heads for the exit door.
- 3 days ago, 31 Aug 15, 3:28pm -
- McClaren cool on transfers
Newcastle boss Steve McClaren says he will be surprised if there are any further additions to his squad before the transfer deadline.
- 3 days ago, 31 Aug 15, 11:11am -
- McClaren optimistic of hanging onto big boys
Newcastle head coach Steve McClaren is hoping to hang on to all his best players as the transfer window draws to a close.
- 6 days ago, 28 Aug 15, 5:08pm -
- Pardew patient in player pursuit
Newcastle are remaining patient over their pursuit of their early-summer targets amid mounting speculation.
- , 21 May 14, 1:19pm -
- Midfielder wants out - agent
Moussa Sissoko looks to be heading for the Newcastle exit door after his agent claimed they are open to all offers.
- , 21 May 14, 1:13am -
- Magpies linked with £12m star
Newcastle are being linked with Stoke defender Ryan Shawcross but Manchester City are favourites to do a deal.
- , 20 May 14, 2:23pm -
- Pardew eyes midfielder swoop
Newcastle are said to be interested in West Ham star Mohamed Diame as Alan Pardew looks to bolster his midfield.
- , 20 May 14, 7:16am -
- Tigers target double swoop
Hull are reported to be lining up a double swoop on Newcastle with Shola Ameobi and Steven Taylor said to be the targets.
- , 19 May 14, 1:29pm -
- Midfielder bid launched
Newcastle are reported to have launched a £6.5million bid for Montpellier star Remy Cabella, but it falls short of their valuation.
- , 19 May 14, 1:10pm -
- Oldham v Liverpool: Betting Tips
Oldham v Liverpool – FA Cup Round 4 – Sunday 27 January 4pm Live on ITV FA Cup fever has reached Oldham Athletic’s Boundary Park. League One Latics host Premier Full Article »
- , 26 Jan 13, 9:38pm -
- Real Zaragoza v Espanyol: Preview and Tips
Real Zaragoza v Espanyol Live on Sky Sports 1. Kick off: Saturday 7pm Real Zaragoza have lost six of their nine home matches this season and manager Manuel Jimenez has Full Article »
- , 26 Jan 13, 10:20am -
- Deportivo La Coruna Vs Valencia – Live 21:00 Sky Sports
20th place Deportivo welcome 7th place Valencia on this Saturday evening, where the home side at sitting on just three wins all season. The visitors have clocked up nine and will aim Full Article »
- , 26 Jan 13, 10:01am -
- Saturday’s Football Tipsters Tips: 26th Jan
Some games have been wiped out by the snow again so check the fixture list before placing your bet again today. Here’s the top tips from all the best (and Full Article »
- , 26 Jan 13, 10:00am -
- Real Zaragoza Vs Espanyol – Live 19:00 Sky Sports
13th play 15th in an all mid-table affair on Saturday with Zaragoza picking up just four points from a possible last eighteen, and Espanyol picking up eleven points, only losing to Barcelona in Full Article »
- , 26 Jan 13, 9:44am -
- Juventus v Genoa: Betting Tips
Juventus v Genoa – Serie A – Saturday 26 January 7:45pm Live on ESPN The fixture at the Juventus Stadium is an important one at both ends of the Serie Full Article »
- , 25 Jan 13, 11:54pm -
- Jonas Gutierrez agrees Deportivo deal
Former Newcastle winger Jonas Gutierrez will play at Deportivo La Coruna this season subject to a medical..
- 2 days ago, 1 Sep 15, 10:47am -
- Olivier Kemen ends stay at Newcastle with move to Lyon
Newcastle teenager Olivier Kemen has completed a permanent move to French club Lyon..
- 2 days ago, 1 Sep 15, 6:16am -
- Newcastle boss Steve McClaren: No malice in Aleksandar Mitrovic red-card offence
Newcastle head coach Steve McClaren leapt to the defence of striker Aleksandar Mitrovic after he was sent off just five.
- 5 days ago, 29 Aug 15, 3:01pm -
- Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal: Match Report
Fabricio Coloccini's own goal gives Arsenal 1-0 win over NewcastleFabricio Coloccini's own goal handed Arsenal a hard-fought victory at Newcastle.
- 5 days ago, 29 Aug 15, 11:01am -
- Newcastle V Arsenal at St James' Park : Match Preview
Newcastle V Arsenal - view commentary, squad, and statistics of the game live..
- 6 days ago, 28 Aug 15, 1:31pm -
- Steve McClaren optimistic of hanging onto Newcastle's big boys
Newcastle head coach Steve McClaren is hoping to hang on to all his best players as the transfer window draws to a close..
- 6 days ago, 28 Aug 15, 12:31pm -
- newTransfer rumours and paper review – Thursday, September 3
- 4 hours ago, 3 Sep 15, 6:43am -
- Summer transfer window 2015: Top 20 biggest spending clubs in Europe
- 22 hours ago, 2 Sep 15, 12:48pm -
- Transfer news: All 20 Premier League teams’ summer 2015 transfer business ranked from worst to best
- 2 days ago, 1 Sep 15, 2:36pm -
- Jonas Gutierrez set to join Deportivo La Coruna after Newcastle exit
- 2 days ago, 1 Sep 15, 11:41am -
- Coral Daily Download - Manchester United's €50m Martial to take Premier League by storm?
- 2 days ago, 1 Sep 15, 8:32am -
- Transfer Deadline Day - Relive all the deals as they happened before the window slammed shut
- 2 days ago, 1 Sep 15, 6:38am -
- Late Cole Bid Fails
Late Cole Bid FailsVitalfootball: Newcastle: 02/09/2015 17:06:00Reports in Italy are suggesting that head coach Steve McClaren made a late deadline day move for former England left back Ashley Cole.
- 18 hours ago, 2 Sep 15, 5:06pm -
- Vuckic Signs New Deal & Departs On Loan
Vuckic Signs New Deal & Departs On LoanVitalfootball: Newcastle: 01/09/2015 18:37:00Slovenian forward Haris Vuckic has now moved to League One side Wigan Athletic on a loan spell until the end of the current 2015-16 season.
- 2 days ago, 1 Sep 15, 6:37pm -
- Ferguson Stays At Millwall
Ferguson Stays At MillwallVitalfootball: Newcastle: 01/09/2015 14:53:00Newcastle United have today allowed the extension of Shane Ferguson's loan spell out at The Den with Millwall.
- 2 days ago, 1 Sep 15, 2:53pm -
- Mowatt In As Perez Stays
Mowatt In As Perez StaysVitalfootball: Newcastle: 01/09/2015 12:45:00Reports in the Mirror say McClaren is keen on making a late move for Leeds' Mowatt, who has also been linked with plenty of other Premier League clubs including Aston Villa and Ev…
- 2 days ago, 1 Sep 15, 12:45pm -
- The Next Big Thing That Wasn't
The Next Big Thing That Wasn'tVitalfootball: Newcastle: 01/09/2015 09:50:00Olivier Kemen ended speculation of an auction over his signature by returning to France last night.
- 2 days ago, 1 Sep 15, 9:50am -
The Newcastle United Blog
- newNewcastle Transfers – Clever Signings For Not Much Money
The EPLindex web-site has ranked every team as being above, in line with, or below expectations for the summer transfer window. Newcastle are one of the four clubs in line with expectations along with the two Manchester clubs and newly promoted Watfo…
- 2 hours ago, 3 Sep 15, 9:12am -
- newIt’s Hard With 10 Men – We Have To Be Careful
Moussa Sissoko is one of our good players that we thought could leave Newcastle in the summer, after the debacle we had when John Carver was the interim coach. But after we brought in four good first team players for over £50M in the summer, and…
- 2 hours ago, 3 Sep 15, 8:43am -
- newNewcastle Were Close To Bidding £20M For Saido Berahino
There’s a report in the Mail today that Newcastle were close to bidding £20M for West Brom striker Saido Berahino in late June, after being in consultation with his agent Aidy Ward. At that time Newcastle were being linked with the young England s…
- 3 hours ago, 3 Sep 15, 8:08am -
- newLee Charnley – Key Messages To Newcastle Fans
It certainly seems like Newcastle are starting a new chapter in trying to build a good team that can win something this season and finish in the top eight in the Premier League – those are the two goals for this season given to new head coach Steve…
- 3 hours ago, 3 Sep 15, 7:35am -
- This Coach Already Making His Mark At Newcastle
Ian Cathro arrived as part of Newcastle’s new coaching team under Steve McClaren in June, and he came with a big reputation for somebody who was only 28 years old. While he’s getting on a bit now – he turned 29 in early July – he is still y…
- 11 hours ago, 2 Sep 15, 11:24pm -
- Who Was Newcastle’s Best Signing Of The Summer?
As far as we can tell, all four senior signings Newcastle made this summer will improve the side, and will be starters for Newcastle this season, and that’s what you want to see with new signings. It will take time for the lads to settle in of cour…
- 13 hours ago, 2 Sep 15, 9:36pm -
- Newcastle United, Mike Ashley and eternal recurrence
Let us think this thought in its most terrible form: existence as it is, without meaning or aim, and yet recurring inevitably, without any finale in nothingness: “eternal recurrence.” Friedrich Nietzsche – The Will to Power I quoted the great p…
- 64 days ago, 1 Jul 15, 2:03pm -
- Newcastle United’s two forgotten players
In the misery and inertia of Mike Ashley’s Newcastle United, it is good to try and look for the flowers in the cracks of the concrete from time to time to keep oneself sane. With this in mind, I could have written about younger players like Ayoze P…
- 86 days ago, 9 Jun 15, 2:05pm -
- The truth of the Patrick Vieira and Steve McClaren to Newcastle stories
I couldn’t help feeling there was something odd about the story of Patrick Vieira coming to Newcastle, as there is about most unsubstantiated football stories. Some fans seemed to believe it though, even embroidering it further to their own tastes…
- 90 days ago, 5 Jun 15, 1:02pm -
- Newcastle United 2014 full accounts statement
Before I begin, my apologies for not posting these earlier, as I usually do shortly after the accounts are made public. Better late than never though as I still can’t find any other copies of the statement itself elsewhere, though there is a very e…
- 95 days ago, 31 May 15, 2:14pm -
- Why Carver’s Newcastle is the worst Newcastle team in the Premier League ever
Of course, if you are a Newcastle United fan, you cannot fail to have noticed the huge dip in form under John Carver, which has been so bad it could still see the Magpies relegated for the second time in six seasons after their final game against Wes…
- , 23 May 15, 3:15pm -
- Will John Carver be told who to play at Newcastle United?
By his own admission, Rangers’ current caretaker head coach, Kenny McDowall, has been told not only that he has no say in the players they sign, but also that he will only have a limited input into team selection too. According to McDowall himself,…
- , 5 Feb 15, 1:13pm -
Tyne Time (Blog)
- Fabricio Coloccini wants to see out remainder of career at Newcastle United
New:There have been many questions raised about the future of current Newcastle United captain, Fabricio Coloccini as a the new season approaches. The 33 year-old Argentine joined..The post Fabricio Coloccini wants to see out remainder of career at…
- 29 days ago, 5 Aug 15, 5:09pm -
- Lee Charnley – Wrong man in the wrong position at the wrong time
New:There is a reason I haven't written very much about Newcastle United in the past 12 months. Actually, there's a numbers of reasons. I no longer really enjoy it. I noThe post Lee Charnley – Wrong man in the wrong position at the wrong time app…
- 73 days ago, 22 Jun 15, 4:46pm -
- Sammy Ameobi – 11 games to save his Newcastle United career
New:Samuel Oluwaseyi J. "Sammy" Ameobi was the talk of Newcastle United's youth academy a matter of years ago. He was dubbed as something special, with incredible feet, lighting pace, and creativityThe post Sammy Ameobi – 11 games to save his New…
- , 3 Mar 15, 7:30pm -
- Newcastle United Quiz #2: Test your Toon Trivia!
New:It's Thursday all over again and while Newcastle United look to close in on a deal for the highly talented Dele Alli of MK Dons, Tyne Time takes..The post Newcastle United Quiz #2: Test your Toon Trivia! appeared first on Tyne Time.
- , 29 Jan 15, 8:15pm -
- Newcastle in pole position for Dele Alli as Villa try to hijack deal
New:Dele Alli looks set to become a Newcastle United player before the close of the transfer window, despite late efforts from Aston Villa to hijack the deal..The post Newcastle in pole position for Dele Alli as Villa try to hijack deal appeared fi…
- , 29 Jan 15, 6:13pm -
- Newcastle United Quiz: Test your Toon Trivia!
New:It's Thursday evening and let's be honest - there isn't much to do aside from refreshing Twitter with the hope that Newcastle United have sensationally unveiled Frank..The post Newcastle United Quiz: Test your Toon Trivia! appeared first on Tyn…
- , 22 Jan 15, 8:48pm -
- The Four Horsemen of Our Apocalypse
Everyone likes to rag on Gouffran, Obertan, Marveaux and Williamson, and I think these are the four players everyone loves to hate, but the transfer window is closed now so what do we have? Goofy: when he first arrived he seemed decent but has suffer…
- 1 day ago, 1 Sep 15, 10:59pm -
- Game On! Newcastle v Arsenal
Good morning ladies and gentlemen, and of course welcome along to this ‘Game On’ thread which will take us through every twist and turn of the game against Arsenal. A week after our rather notable goalless draw at Old Trafford it’s yet another…
- 5 days ago, 29 Aug 15, 10:15am -
- What can we expect from the rest of the transfer window?
So we now have less than one week to go before the transfer window ‘slams’ shut. Off on a tangent but, why does the window always have to slam? Anyway… The transfer window is due to close next Tuesday at 6pm UK time so I thought I’d take a qu…
- 8 days ago, 26 Aug 15, 7:04am -
- Newcastle United V Northampton Town – League Cup Thread
Steve McClaren and Lee Charnley have both gone on record to state that Newcastle United will now be taking Cup Competitions seriously and actively try to win them. Some might say that’s supposed to be the whole point in football – but the club ad…
- 9 days ago, 25 Aug 15, 7:32pm -
- Manchester United v Newcastle United – Premier League match preview
Coming up next we have one of those fixtures I tend to dread during the course of the season. Manchester United away,or at all to be fair, is not a fixture that has been full of rich pickings for us over the years. And after picking up just one point…
- 13 days ago, 21 Aug 15, 7:51am -
- United hit the £50 million mark with Thauvin capture
Newcastle United have taken their summer spending beyond the £50 million mark with the £13 million capture of Florian Thauvin from Marseille. The 22-year-old has signed a five-year contract at St James’ Park in a deal which will see Remy Cabella…
- 15 days ago, 19 Aug 15, 7:42pm -
Nothing But Newcastle
- The stat that will calm the nerves of all Newcastle, West Brom and Chelsea fans
We may only be four games into the start of the Premier League season, but having failed to pick up a win against Southampton, Swansea City, Manchester United or Arsenal to date, Newcastle fans will be starting to worry, but here’s a table that sho…
- 3 days ago, 31 Aug 15, 3:58pm -
- Newcastle striker Mitrovic wears most ridiculous t-shirt ever
Love him or hate him, Newcastle striker Aleksandar Mitrovic is already making a name for himself in the Premier League, albeit for the wrong reasons at the moment having been sent off against Arsenal at St James’ Park at the weekend. Still yet to g…
- 3 days ago, 31 Aug 15, 12:31pm -
- Manchester City ended any hope of dream deal for Newcastle
Every transfer window there are a couple of transfer rumours that you know just won’t happen. Think Sergio Ramos from Real Madrid to Manchester United, Karim Benzema to Arsenal. Well, Newcastle United had their very own rumour of this nature, but u…
- 3 days ago, 31 Aug 15, 10:16am -
- Swansea v Manchester United incident shows how hard done by Newcastle were
A little over 24 hours after Andre Marriner sent off Aleksandar Mitrovic for Newcastle United vs Arsenal at St James’ Park, the inconsistency of Premier League refereeing was once again brought to light as Luke Shaw somehow escaped a red card in Sw…
- 4 days ago, 30 Aug 15, 6:56pm -
- Six deals Newcastle can get done by Deadline Day
Newcastle United have already done some good business this summer. Georginio Wijnaldum looks like a good box-to-box midfielder who will chip in with a few goals. Chancel Mbemba is an athlete who has strengthened the Newcastle backline. If the Capital…
- 4 days ago, 30 Aug 15, 5:03pm -
- Are Newcastle undervaluing their difference maker?
It’s likely that a number of players will leave Newcastle United before the transfer window slams shut on Tuesday, with Papiss Cisse at the top of that list if his agent’s quotes in the Sunday Sun are to be believed, but are Newcastle undervaluin…
- 4 days ago, 30 Aug 15, 5:00pm -
- newFifa Rankings
Just been looking at the FIFA rankings, strange to see where the teams are placed!!!I'm Welsh & proud but seeing Wales placed that far up the table makes be laugh, especially when you see the teams that are below us, i mean Spain, Holland, Italy & Fr…
- 11 mins ago, 3 Sep 15, 10:36am -
- newRe: These "refugees".
Quote from: NATHNUFC on Today at 10:46:54 AMThat's another subject entirely and should be looked at in much more detail. In the press and by politicians. Seems to be common knowledge that Saudi and Qatar are complic...
- 53 mins ago, 3 Sep 15, 9:54am -
- newRe: These "refugees".
Quote from: Danny_ on Today at 10:35:43 AMNATHNUFC I'm probably somewhere in the middle but what is the middle answer? Cameron is right when he says accepting more encourages others to follow. It's sad seeing some po...
- 58 mins ago, 3 Sep 15, 9:49am -
- newRe: These "refugees".
Quote from: IPG on Today at 10:36:07 AMApology accepted I do actually think the refugees (which is what they are when they are fleeing a war zone) should be assisted. BUT you cannot let that just turn into a...
- 1 hour ago, 3 Sep 15, 9:46am -
- newRe: These "refugees".
Apology accepted I do actually think the refugees (which is what they are when they are fleeing a war zone) should be assisted. BUT you cannot let that just turn into a f***ing free for all whereby those who break laws are given preferrential...
- 1 hour ago, 3 Sep 15, 9:36am -
Black and White Toon
- Being Cheeky
Hello, I tried this once before and it worked superbly so i thought I'd have another go.Unfortunately this blog has pretty much fallen away over the last 12 months due to job and family commitments but I am relaunching my writing career with a book.T…
- , 5 Jan 12, 11:23pm -
- TOONPEDIA: Newcastle Utd 5 - 0 Manchester Utd
Premier League --- 20 / 10 / 1996 --- St. James' ParkAs fans flooded into St. James' Park on a cold October night everyone to a man knew they were going to see something special.The defending champions came to town having not conceded a goal in nine…
- , 10 Jan 11, 12:00pm -
- Reality Cheick
Remember Wednesday? Wednesday was a good day. Yesterday wasn't Wednesday. Yesterday was Saturday. Saturday wasn't a good day.After showing their Best against West Ham in midweek, Newcastle were brought brutally back to Earth with a crushing defeat to…
- , 9 Jan 11, 11:00am -
- Don't Lose Your Head
Newcastle suffered their second successive defeat of the Christmas period as ten-man Tottenham comfortably completed a two-nil win.Spurs wing wizard proved too good for the Toon as a Gareth Bale wonder goal compounded Aaron Lennon's earlier strike to…
- , 9 Jan 11, 2:44am -
- One In, One Out?
Newcastle United have confirmed the permanent signing of French winger Hatem Ben Arfa from Marseille, but the biggest transfer story involving the club revolves around a potential exit.Twenty-three-year-old Ben Arfa becomes Alan Pardew's first signin…
- , 5 Jan 11, 1:22pm -
- War Of The Worlds
Taking reference from the comments on my latest post it seems our recent trip to North London may have upset a few of the Spurs supporters.The matter in contention being Newcastle's, shall we say, robust style of play. It's a point opposition fans ha…
- , 1 Jan 11, 5:00pm -
Howay The Toon
- NUFC Head Coach Shortlist
Coaches believed to be on the shortlist to replace Alan Pardew as head coach of Newcastle United include: Remi Garde Christophe Galtier Thomas Tuchel Lucien Favre Dick Advocaat The link with Dick Advocaat has been played down since the Sunday express…
- , 4 Jan 15, 6:29pm -
- Breaking: NUFC Terminate Ben Arfa’s Contract
- , 4 Jan 15, 6:09pm -
- Alan Pardew’s Newcastle United Legacy
Alan Pardew’s Newcastle United tenure appears to be coming to an end. What, you mean someone is going to give us real money to take Pardew off our hands? We should be paying them! Don’t tell that to Steve Parrish though – he’s giving us aroun…
- , 30 Dec 14, 2:13am -
Rumours doing the rounds on social media tonight involve Alan Pardew joining Crystal Palace. Some bookies have even installed Pardew as favourite to succeed Neil Warnock. Pardew’s refusal to answer questions about the Palace job before the game, an…
- , 28 Dec 14, 9:39pm -
- Newcastle United Transfers under Mike Ashley
In 2007, Mike Ashley purchased the combined stakes of John Hall and Douglas Hall, effectively giving him ownership of Newcastle United. Since that time, and the appointment of Alan Pardew, Mike Ashley has continued to be accused of asset stripping t…
- , 10 Aug 14, 7:50pm -
- Pressure’s on Pardew After Fifth Summer Signing
So after watching Newcastle land Emmanuel Riviere and complete their fifth signing of the summer, it made me think about the plight of Alan Pardew. Mike Ashley doesn’t strike me as the kind of bloke who doesn’t demand a return on his money, so le…
- , 17 Jul 14, 1:15am -
- Kim Yong Il not dead in Dec Geordie wedding...
Kim Yong Il not dead in Dec Geordie wedding shocker!!
- 31 days ago, 3 Aug 15, 8:08am -
- The Stagg Do - Kickstarter!
HiCan we ask our followers to take a look at local Geordie movie KickStarter project for The Stagg Do. They reached their original goal of £4000 in only 2 days so are going for a new target of £7000 to help get this film screened in London and else…
- 37 days ago, 28 Jul 15, 3:22pm -
- Be Alternative Be United - The Magpie...
Be Alternative Be United - The Magpie Brandhttp://themagpiebrand.co.uk/ @themagpiebrandWe are loving this…
- 37 days ago, 28 Jul 15, 2:59pm -
- Head to Solano’s Restaurant
Come and meet the great Peruvian as appears at his restaurant this evening (28th) @ 7pm - If diners book seats and quote nufc they will get 10% off…..http://www.solanospc.co.uk/
- 37 days ago, 28 Jul 15, 2:52pm -
- Our Legendary Top Trumps Return!
Stay tuned for our top trumps rebirth….60 of your favourite and not so favourite players will be available soon to download…so you can take a trip down memory lane and rumble with your pals on whose better at what from a smattering of ex-Mags
- 42 days ago, 23 Jul 15, 10:39am -
- Never Forget
- 42 days ago, 23 Jul 15, 10:25am -
Newcastle United MAD
- newSissoko Gives Warning!
Moussa Sissoko says Newcastle United must keep it clean - and keep 11 men on the pitch.
- 54 mins ago, 3 Sep 15, 11:41am -
- newTaylor Makes Unwanted Premier League XI
If we thought Michael Owen missed more games than he played ... Steven Taylor leaves him in his wake!
- 52 mins ago, 3 Sep 15, 11:39am -
- newFormer Toon Stars Nominated For Awards
They made St James' Park the home of their early career, and now ...
- 49 mins ago, 3 Sep 15, 11:36am -
- Toon Big Names Stay!
No new signings, but at least we hold onto our stars. Summer spending ...
- 1 day ago, 1 Sep 15, 11:19pm -
- Nolan Still Free To Sign For Anyone
Former Newcastle United captain Kevin Nolan remains a free agent following the closure of the transfer window.
- 1 day ago, 1 Sep 15, 11:15pm -
- Toon Striker Gets Loan Deal
Newcastle striker Haris Vuckic has joined Wigan Athletic on a season-long loan after signing a one-year contract extension with the Magpies.
- 1 day ago, 1 Sep 15, 11:09pm -
- NUFC About To Confirm Signing of Wijnaldum: Player Profile
Newcastle appear to be 90% on their way to signing someone….finally! In what has been a busy day for the transfer window, with medicals taking place up and down the country, Newcastle have completed the medical of Georginio Wijnaldum.
- 55 days ago, 10 Jul 15, 5:57pm -
- Steve McClaren takes over from Carver
United have a new start with Steve McClaren, his premier league managerial record is W64 D50 L76. His win percentage in the premier league is 34% and his overall managerial win percentage is 46.45% McClaren wants his staff in before the start of Pr…
- 76 days ago, 19 Jun 15, 2:23pm -
- Poor Management, A Relegation Battle & History Is Against Us
When I handed over the reins of this site just under a year ago, I didn’t anticipate it’s lack of ownership would mirror that of the club as it is now. Tyne-Talk effectively switched off for the season just as our players have on and off the…
- , 17 May 15, 1:42pm -
- Newcastle v Leicester Review
0-1 to leicester in 36 seconds after a cross, Janmaat booked after 16 minutes into the game. 0-2 down after 17 minutes after a free kick, but again everyone know we aren't good at defending set-peices at all. Gutierrez booked into the 28th minute. 0…
- , 5 May 15, 12:45pm -
- Newcastle v Swansea Review
Newcastle are just five points above the relegation zone, having played one game more than half of the teams below them, after Swansea City made it seven defeats in a row for a side that is rapidly sinking into quicksand. United have never lost 7 gam…
- , 27 Apr 15, 8:07am -
- Newcastle v Tottenham Review
On the pitch, it could be argued that many of the home side had also gone missing as the visitors enjoyed a comfortable afternoon in the sunshine but there were one or two heartwarming performances. Goalscorer Jack Colback refuses to lie down and rol…
- , 20 Apr 15, 9:14am -
NUFC Online (Blog)
- Sloppy Defending Costs Toon as Man U Stroll To Victory
A combination of sloppy defending and a killer instinct was the downfall in Newcastle’s performance as they fell 3-0 at home to Manchester United. The Red Devils blew away Newcastle in the first 20 minutes and built up a 2-0 lead which gave the Mag…
- , 10 Oct 12, 8:31pm -
- Newcastle Re-Discover Form To Sweep Aside Bordeaux
A fantastic display saw Newcastle beat Bordeaux 3-0 in their second Europa League group game. The Geordies eased to their victory with goals from Shola Ameobi, Papiss Cisse and a Henrique own goal. The win sees Newcastle top the group on 4 points wit…
- , 4 Oct 12, 10:57pm -
- Late Controversial Ba Goal Steals Victory Away From Reading
A controversial late Demba Ba goal earned Newcastle United a point despite another poor performance from the Magpies. Newcastle were without Yohan Cabaye, Tim Krul and Fabricio Coloccini which meant there was a first Premier League start for 18 year…
- , 3 Oct 12, 9:44pm -
- Reading (A) Preview
Newcastle United travel to Madejski Stadium tomorrow looking to build on their solid start to the season. The Magpies have accumulated 8 points in their opening 5 games and will be hoping to start picking up some form as they taken on newly promoted…
- , 28 Sep 12, 12:46pm -
- Three Newcastle Players That Need To Start Performing Sooner Rather Than Later
The current Newcastle United squad possesses an array of talented players, and as time has passed we’ve managed to assemble a pretty decent squad. We’re certainly lacking depth in some areas but if you look at the ability of the team we’ve put…
- , 28 Sep 12, 12:23pm -
- Cisse Goal Not Enough To Prevent Toon From Elimination
Manchester United managed to overcome Newcastle United with a 2-1 victory at Old Trafford to reach the 4th round of the Capital One Cup. Goals from the Brazilian Anderson and then English International midfielder Tom Cleverley were enough to see the…
- , 26 Sep 12, 10:06pm -
Mr. Fixit's Tips (Sponsored)
- newSEP 3: SELECTABET’S INTERNATIONAL CORRECT SCORE TIPS
IT’S always difficult to find value on international football but one person who seems to be able to do it consistently is Selectabet who has his own method of making money from some of the biggest mismatches on the card. This week I’ve invited h…
- 1 hour ago, 3 Sep 15, 9:35am -
- SEP 3: TENNIS AND OTHER SPORTS TIPS
SERENA WILLIAMS edged closer to the calender Grand Slam after a first-set sweat against Kiki Bertens in the US Open second round. The top seed was 4-0 down in the tiebreak but hit back to take it then eased the second as she chases her 22nd major t…
- 11 hours ago, 2 Sep 15, 11:58pm -
- WEEKLY COMPETITION WINNERS
SWANSEA were 13-5 to beat Man United at home on Sunday and things looked bleak when they fell behind in the second half. But they hit back brilliantly to bring up a Super Single for Rosco who predicted a Swans win and bags a free £10 bet at Bet365.…
- 12 hours ago, 2 Sep 15, 10:59pm -
- SEP 3: THE SAINT GREG BROWNING’S TIPS
GREG landed his nap again on Wednesday with his bet on Kortrijk v Beveren reserves. That was a good shout on a quiet and while most of us are focusing on the European qualifiers he’s picked out a gem of an Under-21s match. Liechtenstein U21s v Hung…
- 12 hours ago, 2 Sep 15, 10:59pm -
- SEP 3: MR FIXIT’S TOP TIPS
I DIDN’T put up any tips on Wednesday and as a result picked no losers – how good is that. Well done to those who did have a go though including Greg whose nap once again landed. Thursday sees the start of a run of Euro 2016 qualifers and I’ll…
- 12 hours ago, 2 Sep 15, 10:52pm -
- SEP 3: JOHNB’S RACING TIPS AND CHAT
IT was disappointment for Johnb on Wednesday with four points lost. His profit for Setember is now 0.26pts and he’s advising a double among his Thursday picks. Johnb’s Thursday Tips Haydock 4:40 Penhill 10-3 NAP William Hill Salisbury 1:40…
- 13 hours ago, 2 Sep 15, 10:15pm -
- SEP 2: THE SAINT GREG BROWNING’S TIPS
THERE’S not much on today but Greg has come with something he likes. Prices will appear inplay on Bet365 so keep an eye out for them. Kortrijk Reserves V Waasland Beveren Reserves (6.30pm) The hosts were my nap last Monday on the basis they have sh…
- 20 hours ago, 2 Sep 15, 2:50pm -
- SEP 3: EURO 2016 BETTING PREVIEW
WE’VE got a week of Euro 2016 qualifiers to look forward starting with nine matches in Group A, B and H on Thursday. It’s a big four days for Wales who will qualify for a major finals for the first time in 58 years if they beat Cyprus away Israel…
- 22 hours ago, 2 Sep 15, 1:13pm -
- SEP 2: TENNIS AND OTHER SPORTS TIPS
ANDY MURRAY dropped a set to Nick Kyrgios for the first time but is safely through to the US Open second round. Two of Murray’s fellow Brits bit the dust as Laura Robson and James Ward were sent packing while Aljaz Bedene progressed after his op…
- 1 day ago, 2 Sep 15, 2:45am -
- SEP 2: MR FIXIT’S TOP TIPS
IT was a win for the Super Single and loss for the Top Treble on a night I didn’t risk too much. Dundalk landed a 21-20 single by scoring two against Shamrock Rovers while Peterborough no netting beat the accumulator. Wednesday’s quiet unless you…
- 1 day ago, 1 Sep 15, 11:46pm -